Key Account Manager
Bunzl is a global distribution company servicing the needs of many customers and industries. Bunzl Food Processor Supplies (BFPS) provides products, machinery and services to many customers from small to medium Retail shops to large Abattoirs and Food Processing companies.
An exciting opportunity exists within Bunzl Food Processor Supplies, Wingfield SA, for an experienced, sales and relationships driven individual to join our team in the position of Key Account Manager with a strong emphasis on food processing, retail, and new business development. Your territory will include some regional travel.
Reporting to the Sales Manager SA, you will be working within a dynamic and successful team, you will focus on the management, sales, margin and profitability growth of major current customers in the food processor and retail food sector as well as identifying and targeting new customers in this market with the emphasis on sales and profitability growth.
The core focus of the Key Account Manager is to identify and win new major state based accounts while retaining and growing the existing base. You will be responsible for profitability gains in existing and new accounts across this market. Having won a new account, you will be responsible for managing the business to ensure the successful integration and implementation into the state business branches.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sales, Margin and Profit growth from existing/new customers that fulfil Bunzl's "ideal customer fit"
- Helping buyers to discover the value they can gain from Bunzl as a supply partner
- Developing relationships at multiple levels in major existing/new customers and internally at Bunzl
- Working with Bunzl's Customer Profitability Program to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes
- Actively seeking new business opportunities in line with the company strategy and direction
- Ability to walk away from non-profitable or price driven customers that cannot gain value from a Bunzl supply partnership
An independent self starter who appreciates working in a strong team environment, you will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, having the ability to cope well with multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- An ability to successfully identify multiple buyers of varying power and influence and to help them explore their uses/absences of value matched with Bunzl's sources of value.
- Coordinate the delivery of national solutions that buyers value to win and grow business;
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills;
- Exceptional questioning and buyer exploration skills;
- Sound selling and presentation skills
- Experience in the food processing / food service market is preferable
- Experience in responding to proposals
- A demonstrated ability to integrate within a team environment
- A proven track record of achieving financial targets and year on year growth
- Proven administration disciplines, including strong working knowledge of the MS Office Suite.
- Experience in working with a CRM and/or ERP system is preferable.
- Ability to understand and manage sales pipelines
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a successful international organisation that is committed to its people. Bunzl provides ongoing training and development to give you every chance to achieve. We recognise that the success of the business is a result of the people we have working for us and we celebrate this through their Rewards and Recognition program.
Remuneration package includes commission, fully maintained vehicle, Tablet, and a mobile phone. You will also have access to the Employee Benefits Scheme which provides discounts with various goods and service providers including health care and motor vehicle purchases.