Cash Collections Specialist
- Be part of a large team
- Diverse multinational business
Bunzl Australasia is a leader in the marketing and distribution of a diverse consumable products range across a wide variety of industry sectors. We're a multinational company committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development, providing an environment that is safe, pleasant and harmonious, encouraging open and effective communication between all levels and offering employment that is secure and satisfying.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cash Collections Specialist based in Dandenong South to join the Bunzl family. The Cash Collections Specialist is a critical member of the Credit Team. Clearly defined targets around working capital mean we must manage credit risk effectively and minimise overdue debt. If you are someone who performs well under pressure, loves a challenge and you have a passion for owning your customer portfolio then this role is for you.
How will you contribute:
- Ensure that all key areas (debtors aging) of the ledger are maintained in line with collection targets (KPIs).
- Ensure that the debtor maintenance on all accounts is kept up to date and all accounts are reconciled.
- Ensure actions are in line with credit policy and accounts receivable protocols to ensure the integrity of the debtors under your control.
- Ensure appropriate action, including administrative processing and follow up of short or over payments.
- Identify and escalate problems/ customer queries in a timely manner.Work with national and branch sales personnel and management in the facilitation of cash collections
- Manage your portfolio of accounts in line with established practices and standards.
- Build strong business relationships with major customers - both internal and external.
- Manage the process for obtaining timely payment of all outstanding accounts within the agreed credit terms and business objectives.
- Establish, agree and communicate an appropriate Collections Plan and monitor progress against this plan, addressing any operational concerns.
- Ensure the currency and accuracy of Customer Master Files including contact details and agreed terms to ensure that this information can be followed, and compliance effected.
- Follow up all referred issues to ensure effective and prompt resolution.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Minimum 5 years work experience in an office environment,
- Demonstrated ability to manage Medium to high volume payment allocations including major accounts.
- Intermediate knowledge and skilled in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and professional communication skills
- Above average numerical and verbal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A curious mind and a talent for problem solving
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicting demands to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment
- Ability to take / show initiative
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
What's in it for you?
Firstly, the opportunity to make your mark and make a difference. Secondly, a role that will allow you to further grow and develop. And thirdly, a salary commensurate with experience - we know you work to live. This isn't a full list of course...we feel we have a lot to offer the right person!
The office is easily accessed and has free parking which means you don't have to battle the city traffic!
If this sounds like a fit for you, and you have the skills and characteristics we are looking for, then we would like to hear from you!
Please apply through the apply option, including your covering letter and resume.